The University of Copenhagen has ambitious goals for sustainability designed to make UCPH one of the world’s most sustainable universities. “Green Campus 2020: A Strategy for Resource Efficiency and Sustainability” includes several environmental goals, including specific targets for energy and CO2 reductions:
- 71 percent reduction of carbon emissions per student/employee
- 35 percent reduction of energy consumption per student/employee
UCPH’s Holistic plan for Campuses and Buildings focuses on sustainable development and use of the university's buildings and facilities through 4 initiatives:
- Continued energy optimisation of buildings and energy-friendly operations
- Imposed use of sustainable materials and solutions in a lifecycle perspective in construction and maintenance projects
- Measurable overviews of the University’s total climate footprint and resource impact in campus and operational plans
- Intensified use and sharing of areas.